Hi and welcome to my new space on the internet.
I have thought several times about whether I should create my own website or not because let’s face it, I already have another blog and a startup to create content for, but the truth is both those platforms don’t give me the freedom to write about what I want and how I feel. So here I am in 2021 finally doing it! I mean if not now than when?!
She remembered who she was and the game changed.lalah deliah
Things have changed so much since the beginning of my blogging “career” in 2013. I started my journey writing about motherhood; the leaky boobs, toddler tantrums, and how my kids won’t eat veggies but then over time I discovered how important self-care is and what that means for me and my writing.
I am still a mother. I adore my kids, but I don’t want to blog about them anymore and I think they don’t want that too.
So, if you are new around here, let us catch up:
Hi, I am Shanéy, but I prefer being called Shan since many people never pronounce my name properly.
I am 30 and I have 3 kids. I am an entrepreneur, a podcaster and hopefully an award-winning author one day. 😉 I have a bucket list of things I want to achieve and places I want to see.
I am a sucker for adventure and good food! I might be a shopaholic too.
In 2020, I decided to finally launch my podcast called Drinks with Shan that focuses on entrepreneurship. I have always loved talking and connecting people, so this was the perfect way to give back in the entrepreneurship community.
I always loved writing but never wrote the way I really wanted to until last year when I finally took the plunge and did a writing course. If you want to read my fiction stories, please visit – https://www.patreon.com/shaneyvije
Besides all of the above, I am now a 30-year-old with braces – I know. Ha-ha! 😊 So, I am basically discovering myself, what I enjoy, and learning to love who I am becoming. I will be sharing my self-love journey with you and hopefully inspire you to start yours too!
Get to know me
- I love traveling! One day, when my kids are all grown up and don’t need mommy anymore (well, they will always… but you know what I mean), I would like to do a tour over a few months. Visit some of my favourite countries and try different cuisines.
- I love binge-watching so Netflix is my weakness. I can sleep at 3 am watching my favorite shows like Grey’s Anatomy.
- I love a good plate of food – I’m a foodie even though I can’t really cook but I do try! I love trying new restaurants and visiting my favorites once in a while to indulge. I’m one of those people that become loyal to a brand or place if I love it.
- I love taking out pictures – still learning the art of it from Instahubby.
- I love finding a good hack so Pinterest is my life!
This about me page is already longer that it should be so lets move on…